A Dumpster for Your Remodel
Renting a dumpster for your home renovation / remodel project is the simplest way for you to get rid of your projects waste at a convenient and affordable cost. Local garbage service may restrict certain construction debris, waste and appliances, renting a dumpster is a convenient alternative that can save you both energy, time, and money. Dumpsters can be delivered to your home or job site, with or without you there, and used anywhere from 7 days to a month, depending on your needs. Once you’re done, call in for a pick up and Dumpster Rental Inc will haul all of your waste and debris away. Take a look below to see how renting a dumpster can make your remodeling project easier.
Remodels Are Easier When You Rent a Dumpster
Dumpsters come in a variety of sizes, depending on how much waste you’ll be throwing away, and the type of debris will determine what size is best for you. You can throw pretty much everything from your remodeling project into a dumpster, including: old cabinets, wood, roofing material, construction debris, etc. Keep in mind when placing your rental to be specific about your project, tell us what type of debris is going into the dumpster, as there are different types of dumpsters for different materials. Concrete, brick, dirt, and metal all require different types of dumpsters than your average household waste.
Normally for larger remodeling / home improvement projects we recommend renting our 30 yard dumpster. You may even need to go with a 40 yard dumpster, depending on the scope of your project, it’s always a good idea to go a size bigger if you are in doubt, keep in mind you will also be charged for extra loads or “dump and returns” so if you think you’ll need to empty your dumpster more than once, it’s best to go bigger. It’s very important to read your rental terms, and keep an eye on your debris, make sure it’s level with the top of the dumpster, or for heavier materials, that only a portion of the dumpster is filled as you won’t want to exceed your provided weight limit.
Dumpster Rental Tips:
- Find out if a permit is required before renting a dumpster. Some municipalities do not allow a dumpster to be parked on roadways without permission.
- Expect professional service, and be considerate of the dumpster hauler during drop off and pick up. Allow enough room for easy access, placement, and pickup.
- Be sure to allow enough open space around the dumpster for easy disposal.
- Use care when carrying construction debris or other materials to a dumpster. We suggest the use of gloves or other safety equipment.
- Use caution when lifting heavy objects.
- Be sure your debris does not spill over the sides. Overhanging lumber, loose rocks and hanging wires may cause accidental injury.
- Never attempt to go inside the dumpster to retrieve items, let the professionals help if you accidentally dispose of a valuable item.
- Do not put hazardous materials in dumpsters. Ask us for advice on disposing of hazardous waste.
- Keep children and pets away from dumpsters.
- Seal food waste to keep pests away. Use caution when approaching the dumpster in case there are bees, wasps, and rodents nearby.
- If the dumpster has a lid, use care to keep your head and limbs clear of the lid path in case of unexpected high winds.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful when renting your next dumpster. Remember to call the experts at Dumpster Rental Inc for all of your dumpster rental needs, for an affordable, and exceptional rental experience look to the best. Call us today for a free quote and get started with a dumpster for your remodel from the best at Dumpster Rental Inc!