Adding Curb Appeal to Your Home
Having a well maintained landscape, an inviting front entrance, and a fresh exterior are all ways you can add curb appeal to your home. If you’re preparing your home for the good weather, or even getting it ready to sell, there are a few ways you can easily improve your homes curb appeal yourself. Check these DIY projects below that will help increase your homes curb appeal!
A fresh landscape is a great way to add curb appeal to your home, remember you don’t want to over landscape and crowd your front and backyard. Do the following this spring:
- Get rid of shrubs / bushes that block the front of your home
- If you plan on selling your home, potential buyers have to be able to see the front of the house clearly from the street.
- Cut down problem trees
- Trees that overhang your home can potentially damage your roof. Keep in mind trees that are planted too close to your home can cause damage to its foundation, potential buyers will notice these details.
- Remove personalized décor
- If you’re selling this spring, remove lawn decorations like statues or other lawn ornaments, buyers will want to envision what the yard will look like once they’ve incorporated their own style.
Repair Your Driveway
Damaged or neglected driveways reflect negatively on your home, luckily they are a fairly easy fix. Here are some ways you can fix up your homes concrete areas:
- Power-wash / stain driveway and walkways
- Update your porch or patio with deck tiles
- Remove and replace a badly damaged driveway
Update Your Front Door
Front doors are instant eye catchers, as they’re usually one of the first things visitors see. You can really add some curb appeal with these DIY ideas that will make your front door entrance inviting and fresh!
- Apply a fresh coat of paint
- Create a frame around your door
- Install a new door
Update Your Lighting
A well lit home can dramatically improve your homes curb appeal, and can also create an inviting feel to your home. Here’s some DIY lighting tips you can use to spruce up the front of your home:
- Add lanterns & solar ground lights
- Lanterns and ground lights are available in a variety of styles, you can easily find one to matches the overall look of your home.
- Add a lamppost at the end of your driveway
- If you decide on a solar-powered lamppost, you won’t need to hire an electrician for this project.
- Add bistro lighting
- Some simple bistro lights can create a charming atmosphere for any patio or large porch. Just don’t go overboard, too many lights can look tacky and chaotic.
Once you’ve spruced up your homes curb appeal you may want to get started on a few more home improvement projects to improve your homes overall look. If you do plan on doing some renovating be sure to call us at Dumpster Rental Inc for an affordable dumpster rental! Call us today for a free quote and get started on your home improvement plans!